9 Jan 2013

Atheist TV host boots ‘piece of shit’ Christian for calling raped girl ‘evil’

Hosts of the Atheist Experience cable access show in Austin hung up on a Christian caller over the weekend after he suggested that God might not stop the rape of a little girl because the victim was also “evil.”

A Christian viewer from Phoenix named Shane called in to Sunday’s show with the hopes of convincing host Matt Dillahunty and co-host Tracie Harris that the fact that even atheists had a “moral code” proved of the existence of God.

matt

“Why is God so immoral?” the caller asked. “I don’t think that God exists but if we’re talking about the God character in Bible as God is represented, you know, it’s a pretty horrible, jealous, angry being that advocates slavery,” Dillahunty pointed out. “I don’t know why he’s that way. Maybe he’s just a dick.”

“You either have a God who sends child rapists to rape children or you have a God who simply watches it and says, ‘When you’re done, I’m going to punish you,’” Harris agreed. “If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would. That’s the difference between me and your God.”

“First of all, you portray that little girl as someone who’s innocent, she’s just as evil as you,” the caller shot back.

With that comment, Dillahunty disconnected the call. “Goodbye, you piece of shit!” he exclaimed. “You know what? I was a better Christian than you when I was a Christian, and I still am.”

The entire the Atheist Experience broadcast is available here.

More on Raw Story